Dental Checkup Mamaroneck, NY
A regular dental checkup offers patients professional dental cleaning services to detect and prevent tooth infections while helping maintain healthy teeth. Regular dental checkups are a standard service offered at Mamaroneck Dental PLLC.
No matter the age, most people tend to avoid the subject when hearing that they have another dental checkup soon. However, regular dental checkups are crucial to maintaining oral health. With a dental checkup every six months, patients can receive the professional care they need for their teeth.
During a checkup, we can not only clean your teeth and gums, but can also look for signs of any oral health issues. If an issue should be found, we can treat it as soon as possible. We can also go over effective cleaning methods and make recommendations to help keep teeth healthy.
If you want to keep your teeth healthy with professional cleaning and examination services, schedule a dental checkup with us today.
Why You Need a Dental Checkup
There is a direct link between visiting the dentist and keeping your natural teeth. If you want to ensure that you have a full mouth of healthy teeth, then visit the dentist. Gallup Poll released a study in 2014 finding that the states with the highest percentage of dental visits also had the lowest percentage of adult tooth loss. For example, in Connecticut, 74 percent of adults visited the dentist in the past year, and their rate of adult tooth loss was only 9 percent. On the other hand, only 57 percent of adults in West Virginia visited the dentist in the past year, and 37 percent of adults have complete tooth loss. The correlation is clear and should prompt you to give us a call. If you do lose your teeth, we can help by providing you with replacements in the form of dental implants, bridges, or dentures. Still, there is no need for you to experience significant tooth loss when you visit our office regularly for preventative care. Saving your teeth, after all, is less time-consuming and less expensive.
Another reason to schedule a dental check-up is to make sure that you don't experience a toothache or infection. We treat patients throughout the Mamaroneck area and find that toothaches can create enough discomfort to cause people to miss work. In fact, according to the Center for Disease Control, 164 million work hours are lost each and every year due to dental related health issues. If you have a busy schedule and feel you do not have time for the dentist, you definitely need to schedule a dental checkup. Failing to do so could result in a more serious health condition forming and the need to take time off of work. After all, without preventative dental care, you are at a greater risk for tooth decay, infection, and gum disease.
What Happens at Your Dental Check-Up
At Mamaroneck Dental PLLC, we are a gentle dentist, being sure to complete your dental checkup in a way that is comfortable and relaxing. We understand that some people do not visit the dentist since they have a dental phobia or concern that something may be wrong. If this is the case, and you do have a cavity, we will treat your tooth gently and carefully so that we can address your dental health issues without causing you any further irritation.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Checkup Mamaroneck
Call Us to Schedule a Checkup Today
We invite you to call 914-381-1935 and schedule your dental checkup right away. When you come in, our friendly staff will make sure everything is ready to go. Next, we will take images of your teeth and gums to see if there are any infections or decay that are under the surface. We will also perform a visual inspection of your gums and each one of your teeth. During this time, we will also be looking for signs of infection, tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. If we identify any of these issues, we will discuss treatment options with you and may even be able to treat minor cavities that day. Before starting any procedures we will discuss them in detail to ensure that you are comfortable. We will also clean your teeth before you go to ensure that you do not have any lingering plaque or bacteria in your mouth. When you visit our Mamaroneck, NY dental office, we will provide you the highest quality of care we can, by completing your dental checkup efficiently and gently.
The Benefits of Coming in Now
At Mamaroneck Dental PLLC, we want you to visit our dentist office at the first sign of discomfort. If you have a slight toothache or irritation in your gums, you can schedule a dental exam. If there is a problem, we can correct it immediately, rather than allowing it to grow and spread. In many cases, we can help you to avoid experiencing any significant discomfort by simply removing the decayed area while it is still small. Otherwise, you may find yourself with a dental emergency as an untreated cavity spreads. Fortunately, we make it easy to schedule a dental checkup with our Mamaroneck dentist office. All you need to do is call (914) 381-1935 to schedule an appointment. We will work within your schedule to ensure that you receive the care you need, when you need it.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait for Dental Care
While we understand that many people wait to seek dental care due to anxiety, time, or finances, we do not recommend it. Instead, we suggest that you schedule a dental exam at least once every six months, even if you are not experiencing any discomfort. Doing so will allow us to remove any plaque or bacteria that is on your teeth, ensure that you do not have any cavities that are forming, and prevent you from experiencing gum disease. Our goal is to treat you before you have any health issues, and a dental checkup allows us to do so. We welcome you to come in so that we can protect and improve your oral health.
If you live in the Mamaroneck area, call (914) 381-1935 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Checkup